Tuesday, April 3, 2012

what inspires me.





You have probably already figured out what inspires me. The home. The feel of the home. The look. The smell. The atmosphere. Everything about the home... inspires me

I think the greatest upset in my life right now is that I don't have my own home. Okay, maybe that was a bit dramatic. It's not an upset, but it would be very, very lovely to have my very own blank canvas to "ruin" with the things I love. 

I'm collecting things for my future home. Whenever I walk into a store, someone's home, a coffee shop, a restaurant... I'm always looking for things that I believe would be lovely in my home. I nanny for one of the display coordinators at Anthro and she told me, "Start collecting things now. It's never too early and by the time you get married and have your own home - you want to have some things to start your life with." 

And so, I get inspired by repurposed furniture, bright colored accents, flowers on the kitchen table, fireplaces, fun pillows, lovely candles, beautifully made throws and the front door you walk into. 


be inspired. 





No comments:

Post a Comment