Friday, April 13, 2012

Paul Gauguin

The other day my sister Theresa, nephew Kingston & I went to see the Gauguin exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum! I've been meaning to post a couple photos of my favorite works of his. So here they are!




I've heard of Gauguin but never really looked at any of his art. Being that I'm an islander.. I loved his depictions of the island women. His paintings were beautiful and almost every piece of his, I told Theresa, "I want that in my house!" 

Walking around his exhibit made me want to do art. It inspired me to get back to drawing and painting. Even ceramics. It also inspired me to find more polynesian art. I came across this photo in my search... I just love it for some reason.


(two samoan women in traditional dresses)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad to hear you liked it.

    My Comp Lit course is going to see it next week and I am stoked. It is so different than any of the art I'm familiar with and can't wait to be affected by these in person =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeeet! Good taste! I would love to see that show, i hope it comes to cali too.

    ReplyDelete