Friday, April 27, 2012

Day Trip : Tacoma, WA

I've got cousins who live in Tacoma. I've been there plenty of times. But I've never actually explored
The other day, I had my mind set on going to the tulip fields. And then it started pouring. Surprise. 
So, the next place I thought I'd go to was Tacoma. Stankoma, as people like to call it. 
It doesn't have a great rep in Seattle. Tacoma is one of the other big cities around Seattle... and when people talk about it, their minds generally go straight to gang shootings, the hood & white trash. 
BUT... I saw the other side of all of that. It's actually a really, really cool place. 

Here are some photos. 
I thought to myself, I want to get married in Tacoma. I'd get some great wedding shots. 


This reminded me of a huge rock candy sucker! 
I loved the Chihuly Glass Bridge. It reminded me of all the glass art in Italy. 

If you're ever in Tacoma, go to Caffe Dei. Order a Sweet Lavender Latte & any one of their grilled cheese sandwiches. YUM.

Since I was on a "mini vacation" ... I decided it was totally fine to order two coffees within the same hour. Anthem is a cool little spot right on Pacific Ave. Definitely have to check this place out too! Great atmosphere and great coffee. 

Wherever you live, I think it's a must that you go explore your own city. Or the surrounding ones. You'll never know what you'll find.
You might just fall in love... and that, I did. 
Tacoma, I do really, really like you!

1 comment:

  1. who knew?! There's an old mill that was converted into a bunch of really cool lofts in Tacoma too. The owner missed some payments and they just auctioned them off to new ownership - I've been wanting to go look at them, because they sound really cool!

    ReplyDelete