Monday, April 2, 2012

we don't all have our %$!* together... but that's ok.

It's been 8 months since I've moved home and to be honest with you, I don't feel like a lot has happened in my own personal life in that long period of time. 8 months. Roughly 240 days. About 5,760 hours. That is a lot of time. It's never taken me this long to transition into something or to try and find my place. 
Before I moved back to Seattle, I had this perfect plan in the back of my head of what I thought my life would look like once I got home. Needless to say, it didn't really end up that way. 

And so.. in the past 8 months, it's been the hardest thing to live every day with drive, passion and the knowing in my heart that I'm right where God wants me. There have been days when I've been so stressed to the point of feeling physically sick. Sorry to be dramatic, but it's what happened. I so beat myself up about not being where I thought I should be that I became physically sick & tired. 

But that's not how it should be. Ever. Life isn't a can of peaches. And the sun doesn't alway shine around these parts. But the fact of the matter is... God's promise to my life:
"`For I know the plans I have for you,` says the Lord, `plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.`" 

These past 8 months have gone by in a blur. And there are times when I wish I could go back and re-do some of the days. But thank God that He already knows the plans of my life! Family, friends, strangers, whoever is taking the time to read this blog... God knows you. He cares about you. His plans for your life are good if you let Him in. There is nothing like knowing the God of the universe.. the one who spoke things into being... cares about us

listen to one of my favorite songs. a-ma-zing.


3 comments:

  1. Antha, this was such an encouraging post. So good! And man is it true, HE knows us and HE knows the timing...it's easy to forget that! But boy, He is sooo good even in the midst. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your honesty and i totally get it. the song wrecked me too. love you, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I've been breathing that song lately!

    Really encouraging post Anthea! And to encourage you, God knows what you need and when you need it. Love you =)

    ReplyDelete