Friday, April 27, 2012

FUEL.


Pain is weakness leaving the body.

I've blogged about this before, but just last year I wouldn't even think to consider myself a runner. Not even a jogger. Those two things... just not my thing
Reality was: 
*I was in bad shape
*I was not motivated
*I didn't think I could run
*I was lazy

But today, I ran the West Seattle 5k route in 28 minutes.
TWENTY EIGHT FRIKKIN MINUTES.
That's a huge deal for me. 

May 20th is the WS 5k and so, I've been running the route to get used to it and better my time. The run from the bathhouse to anchor park seemed easy peasy. But the run back... the wind was K-I-L-L-I-N-G me. But the whole time I kept thinking, "This wind... and this pain I'm feeling... definitely just all my weakness leaving my body." 
...And I kept going. 
I don't look at the time when I run. That doesn't make me want to run any faster. So today, I definitely thought I wasn't going to beat my last run time (32 mins). But when I looked at my timer when I got back to the bathhouse... I cut off 4 minutes!

I'm a happy girl.
Now, to celebrate with chips & salsa. 
Haha. 

Happy running. 
Happy walking. Happy run-walking. 
Whatever keeps you active, keep doing it

2 comments:

  1. Too late to register? Because I'd totally do this with you! I haven't run since the St Patty's 5K, but I'm lacing my running shoes up this very minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gurl!!!! You inspire me more and more! Love it!!!! Work it!

    ReplyDelete