Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Beautiful Day

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I love when sunshine wakes me up. And right at 7 this morning, the sun wanted me up! Woke up, looked out my window and knew that it was going to be a fantastic day. 
And fantastic it was..

Spent my morning walking Alki and being blown away at how BEAUTIFUL it was today. For those of you who are my Facebook friends - I seriously could have cried. It was that lovely out. 
Spent the morning at the beach. Got home vacuumed & washed my car, cleaned the house and cleaned my room. Visited my old job - got to spend some time with the kiddos at Hiawatha Community Center. Had dinner at Tapatio for my dad's birthday (real bday is on Sunday!). Did some arm work at the gym. And now I'm sitting in bed, thinking about how lovely today was. 

As much as it rains in Seattle... beautiful days like this are worth it to me.

I was talking to my parents about time. Time is flying by. It's crazy. And the more I realize how time goes by so fast - and we don't ever get to buy back time - I want to make every moment count. Lately, I've been waking up super early because of the fact that I don't want to waste my mornings. 
I think mornings are rather lovely and should be spent doing peaceful things... other than sleeping. Weird. I know. 
But because I can tend to be such a busy body, I've also been realizing that I have to learn to keep a healthy balance of wanting to spend my every moment doing something AND also, learning how to just be & rest. Resting is essential to living - so if you're anything like me, remember: Rest is not wasting time. Resting & just being are definitely two things that will help you enjoy the time you have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment