Monday, April 23, 2012

3 things I want to change - about ME.

This isn't a negative post. It's a hopeful one. 
Change is hard & uncomfortable but oh so necessary. 

1. I've got commitment issues.
Yeah, I said it. And I'm not very proud of that fact. I could go ahead and blame it on my generation, the culture around me, etc. but I'm just going to go on ahead and say - nope, this issue is solely based off of the fact that I don't want to be let down. I want my yes to be yes & my no to be no. It's so easy to say, "maybe" or "I'll think about it." But for me, those two phrases are such cop-outs.
This is one of the areas in my life I'm working on & want to grow in!

2. I love the comfort of my home & would much rather relax there than anywhere else.
Don't get me wrong - I love people. I love my friends. 
And all at the same time, I like "me-time." I could sit here and give all the excuses in the world why I think that's an okay thing but I won't. 
I'm starting to change this part about me and remembering that I am a FUN, outgoing & spontaneous person. First practical thing: I planed a fun little outing the other day and invited people I haven't hung out with in awhile. *pats self on back.

3. I love West Seattle and everything it has to offer but what am I offering back?
I'm all for giving back to my community. My parents taught me that a very young age. In moving back to West Seattle, I have realized that I want to give back to my wonderful community. 
This kind of goes with point 2 - but enough of being "me-centered" ... I want to get involved with my community a lot more than just being a resident. 


What are some changes that you want to make in your life?
Take a moment, write them down and start doing practical things to see those changes come to life. 
Happy, happy day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment