Thursday, March 1, 2012

perfect house vs. comfy home

If you haven't flipped through this book, actually sat down & read it or heard about it... please do yourself a favor and get it; go to Anthro, pick it up, take a seat on the couch {trust me, we love when people come to just hang out... it's all about the experience/your time in the store} & read it; etc.

A perfectly kept house is the sign of a misspent life. I'm not a particularly "spotless, everything must be sparkling all the time" type of person... but I am a clean person and I like to stay on top of my cleaning. Dishes in the sink? Can't stand to look at them {i get it from my momma}, so I wash them right away. If I walk into my room and I just feel like I don't want to be there.. there must be something wrong with it, so that's my queue to start reorganizing, cleaning or moving things around - and normally that takes all day & night. And there are tons of other cleaning type things I do.. and after reading this book, it made me think about when I have my own family and own home.. am I going to be that person who strives so hard to keep a spotless home that they don't actually get to relax, live & breathe deeply in their own home?

Oh God please.. NO. That's the last thing I want. haha. One of the ladies in the book said something to the effect of, "I want my home to be my children's favorite place to be... I want them to bring their friends here and I want this home to be their friend's favorite place to be." I want that. A comfortable, livable not unkempt home. 

For those of you with your own home, family, etc. take some time to relax. Leave the big cleaning jobs for another day and spend time with your loved ones. Don't get so wrapped up in the perfectionist upkeep of your home. Afterall... your home, most likely, will always be there... but moments become memories in a second - so cherish them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment