Tuesday, March 20, 2012

one of the butterflies..

"If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies."

wow. there has been a lot going on in my life - major adjustments, changes, up & downs, etc. it's been a season of extreme change & though it can get uncomfortable - it's been GOOD

one of the many changes:
for the past two months i have been looking for an office/receptionist position. in praying for a new job, one of the things i specifically asked for was a job that would be great for when i went to school - flexible & a laid back environment. long story short - i applied for a position on craigslist that described itself like this:
"local family owned business in west seattle looking for a receptionist!" 
having no clue what business it was, i applied anyway. it's close to where i live and i'm all for small businesses. i literally got a phone call from the owner within a couple hours of sending my resume. next thing you know, i'm sitting in a tanning salon getting interviewed. within a couple hours of that - i was hired. prior to the interview, i was complaining to my parents about how i could never see myself in a tanning salon... i mean, c'mon - i'm already tan! my parents encouraged me to go to the interview anyway and just see what they were offering. 
god definitely has a sense of humor. this job is actually such a blessing to me. it's exactly what i prayed for... in a very different package than i imagined it would be. my boss is such a sweetheart and she "sold" this job to me by telling me, "we have wifi... you can bring your laptop, homework, a book... whatever you want, as long as customers are first!" 

so.. here i am. sitting in a tanning salon. drinking a coffee. eating a muffin. reading my bible. journaling. blogging. and loving this change in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment