Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oh you sweet recipe book..



 
I was going through some of the books on my mom's bookshelf at home, and found this thin, green notebook. It was my mom's from back in the day - when she lived in Samoa - and she would use it to keep track of the tithe money at her church. She only used a couple of the pages and the rest were left blank.
And so... what better way to put it so use than to make it into a recipe book?! Yes! That's what I'm doing. It's my new project... the first recipe {as you can see from the photo below} is for the best oatmeal cookies you'll have, ever. Or at least, I think so. 
My idea for this recipe book is to just write down recipes that I come up with, recipes that have worked for me or recipes from my mom/aunts/etc. I eventually want to paperclip pictures of what the recipe should end up looking like :) 



And here's one of my favorite recipe books right now. It's fairly old, and belongs to my mom - but it's so good! It has yummy savory appetizers/starters, as well as really good sweets! 

Here's one recipe for you that caught my eye. I love how each recipe in this book has a little quote/story about the recipe! It makes that certain recipe so personal & I love that! 

Happy cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment