Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Describe Your Dream Job:

Thanks Kati  (check her blog out!) for this blog post idea!

My dream job.
You walk in and you're greeted with with lots of natural light and the smell of fresh brewed coffee. It sort of feels like home but all at the same time, it's not.  You came in to escape your normal world & just wanted some time away. You came here because you knew that you needed some time in the art studio - paint a little, draw a little or even to put an unfinished project in the kiln. You came in to meet up with a friend you haven't seen in awhile - catch up over some coffee & a homemade pastry. You came in because you needed to buy a pack of handmade birthday cards and a little gift for your mom. You came in because you needed some encouragement from one of the lovely staff - who have quickly become friends, confidants, people you trust. You came in because you knew we love having visitors and love having people hang out. You came in to inquire about playing some live music on our stage Friday night. You came in to check on the art you recently put on our walls.

My dream job consists of sharing all the things I love with the people around me & gaining a couple new friends along the way. I imagine my children running around the shop and greeting the customers. I imagine that my family and friends play a great role in the shop. I imagine it being more than a shop, but a place where people know they can do life - no matter you're age, color, shape, size, etc. everyone is welcome.

that's my dream job.

2 comments:

  1. Saw this post awhile ago - LOVE. Would like to chat with you sometime. Shoot me a msg if interested in meetin up.

    ReplyDelete