Friday, May 25, 2012

Honor: Your Parents.

"do you want to do something radical
honor your father & mother."
-tweeted by @fortodaymattie 

I read that and stopped to evaluate my own relationship with my parents. 
Here they are:
aren't they cute? 
I love them.
A lot. And there are no words that can express how extremely grateful I am for them. 
But yes.. there are times when we disagree. 
There are times when they're mad at me.
And times when I'm not really happy with them.
It's not the most perfect relationship in the world - mine & theirs ... 
But it's not bad either. Ups & downs ... we all have them!
But in the midst of all that - I am learning what it means to honor them no matter the disagreement, no matter the circumstance, no matter whatever. 
They love me a lot. And I love them a lot too. 
They have done everything to get me where I am right now.. all the while raising 5 other kids, tending to the needs of extended family & friends and working on their own lives.  
That's amazing

No matter where you stand with your parents - it's clear:
Honor your parents that it may go well with you...

I am a strong believer that when you honor the people that brought you into this world - you will live a FULL, abundant & overwhelmingly joyful life. 
You HAVE to love that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment