Monday, July 2, 2012

Time isn't slowing down.



It seems as if, just the other day I was a little baby. Not a care in the world.. and all my life really revolved around was playing in the dirt, eating pb & js & building forts. 

And then some days, I wonder... what ever happened to the scary days of being a freshman in high school? 


And then the days of experimenting - God only knows why - with so many different hair colors, I'm surprised my hair didn't just fall off of my head. Happy sweet 16, by the way. Good Lord. 


And today... I'm thinking about how much time has passed. And how it will continue to pass. I'm no longer a little kid... a preteen.. even a teenager. I've grown up. Semi scary... and partly exciting. With everything going on in my life right now, I've been thinking a lot about living a life worth living
I can talk about all the days I've wasted on insignificant things & people. But I won't. 
Today, I'm thinking about all the days I've spent significantly. Full of life, joy, fun, adventure, family, friends, laughter, peace, change.... Yep, I'm thinking of those days. And I'm thinking of the ones to come. 
I'm not getting any younger and time isn't slowing down for me. I pray always that I never lose sight of the significant things in life and that I always give it (whatever that may be) all I've got. 
Cheers to growing up. 
Every second is a blessing, a gift. Live them fully.

1 comment: