Monday, July 30, 2012

Oh Mondays..

When I woke up this morning, the first thing that came to my mind was the word, "faith." You see, in the past few months - more than anything, the hardest thing for me has been to have faith for the unknown. But why else would we have to have faith? Silly, right? 
I've been learning that unknown territory is scary, spontaneous & sometimes ugly - but in all that, believing that God has a good plan, I have faith that there is beauty in all of this. 
live by faith, not by sight


Today, my sister Dee & I took my cutie pie niece to the beach. Her nickname is Lala, if you didn't catch that from the photo. This girl is a basket full of crazy! Seriously. She keeps us {or whoever is watching her at that time} on our toes. She sure is cute though..

Today was a chill day. Chill enough that I actually got around to washing my car {it's been ages}, doing laundry, cleaning my room {& throwing things away - I love to throw things away} & ... I had enough time to make a Blueberry Nectarine Crisp. So. Good. Too bad we were lacking in the ice cream arena because that would've been perfect on top of this! 
I don't really have a recipe for this bc I just made it up but I'm sure you can find something online.
I used about:
3 Nectarines
Cupful of Blueberries
1 peeled & cut into small pieces Apple
About 3/4 of Flour
Cup & 1/2 Brown Sugar 
Cup of Oats 
1/2 cup of Butter 

Place all the fruit on the bottom of a casserole dish.
Mix all dry ingredients & then mix in cut pieces of butter. Make sure the mixture turns crumbly before sprinkling it over the fruit. 
Bake on 350 for 30 minutes

& wallah, got yourself a pretty darn good crisp. 
Happy crisp eating & Goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment