Thursday, January 26, 2012

"as we go on..."

as some of you know, this is my last week working at hiawatha community center, as a before/after school program counselor. i have absolutely loved my time there and am going to miss it with all of my heart! seriously. i've always loved hanging out with the kiddos - grew up babysitting everyone's children! i thank god that he gave me the gift of patience and love for the lil' ones :) but god is doing some rearranging of priorities in my life & has told me to move on from the community center job. 

i told the kids that i was going to leave and some kids made sad faces, some kids asked questions and some kids continued to eat their snack, like nothing even happened. kids. but today, whenever the subject came up, some of the kids weren't very happy about it. sad actually.. like genuinely very sad. which made me.. very, very sad. i hate goodbyes. & it's not like i can ask them for their number so we can keep in contact. you know? it's been a tough week knowing that i'm not going to be around the kids that make me want to go crazy sometimes and then other times, make me laugh until i cry. *sighhh

so in honor of one of my favoritest jobs yet..



& to top it off...
our kids like to do Just Dance for the Wii. this is their favorite song. 

1 comment:

  1. this totally reminds me of Boys and Girls Club...I dont know how I am going to leave after 2 straight years with these kiddos :(

    ReplyDelete