Friday, September 21, 2012

gratitude, thank you's and the little things in life.



This morning, I woke up with gratefulness on my mind. 
Someone on Facebook posted, "I woke up this morning. Grateful for that." 
Seriously. I took a breath this morning. I hugged my mom this morning. I got into a warm shower this morning. I drove down the street in my well-working car. I got a good report from the doctor this morning. 
I'm alive
When I think about the crappy things in my life, it really doesn't get me down compared to the amount of things God has been so faithful to bless me with. 

Couple things I'm particularly grateful for:
1. My school. Ah! I couldn't have asked for a better school to go to..
2. My parents. Out of all the s%$! I put them through - they haven't killed me yet. And surprisingly still really love me. 
3. My caring and loving and sometimes, crazy sibs. Michael, Reese, Dee, Gloria, Lil ... you guys are amazing. 
4. Coffee. Seriously. Whenever I'm having a tough day, coffee is my rescue. Okay, you're right... coffee is my rescue at every second of the day. But nevertheless, I'm grateful for it. 
5. The smell of fall. It's the little things in life people. 

Those are just a couple things. 
What are you grateful for? 
Write them down. Shout them from the rooftops. Send someone a thank you card. Do something to keep your gratitude at a constant high. 
Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment