Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Close your eyes & scroll down to the next post if you don't like blood.


Yesterday started out lovely.
Did hair for a 5th grade graduation.
Ran 4 miles.
Deep cleaned my room & gave some clothes/shoes away.
And thought of a great lunch idea.
Salmon + Avocado + Eggs + Tomatos + Variety of seasonings & Olive Oil.
Super easy & super good.
& all was going well.
Until I tried to get the seed of out the avocado.
With a knife.
My family keeps reminding me of how smart of an idea that was. *gee, thanks guys! ;)
Knife slipped & I pretty much stabbed myself in between my pointer & middle finger. Good thing my sister Dee was home. She cleaned it up & wrapped it - all while I was standing there, staring at my hand in shock. Grateful for her being there. I definitely could not have cleaned it up myself.
I figured I didn't have to go to the ER because, after all, I wasn't dying. Buttt... my sister, Reese, who's a nurse, insisted that I go to the ER. And good thing, because the cut ended being really deep & I needed stitches. 

First time for everything. 
My first time getting stitches:
The nurse tech who helped bandage my hand told me this,
"Aw wow. Looks like you got a sausage finger going on!"
Thanks. Thanks a lot

And so... it's only Tuesday & my week has already been super eventful. It can only go up hill from here on out right?

2 comments:

  1. First stitches! Woowho! I never had stitches either and kinda always wanted them- I don't now though, so I'm glad you did that for both of us ;). I also never use a knife for the Avocado pitt! That is way too scary Jason does it too- you guys are CRAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I normally get the pit out so good... not this time =/

      Delete