Sunday, June 17, 2012

Better Than 6,7,8.



Today, my family celebrated this outgoing man. 
He's always worked hard to provide a better life for us.
He's always loved us no matter what.
He's been there to make us Samoan pancakes when we are in need of some comforting. 
He's an awesome, amazing, outstanding & wonderful father! 
Oh. And he has the best dance moves. Hands down.

And in the spirit of celebrating... I baked a cake.
And not just any cake.
A "Better Than Sex" cake. 
My family is pretty open about anything & everything. So we were just throwing that name around. It wasn't until my nephew said, "I want some better than sex" that we realized we should probably rename the cake we've all grown to LOVE (& will have at other family functions - i'm sure of it).
So. It's the "Better than 6,7,8" (my nephew then asked for a slice of better than six cake) or "Better than the birds & the bees" cake. 


Moist. Chocolately. Caramely. Whipped goodness-y. Heath bar-y. 
Change your life for sure-y
(and like my sister in law carrie said, "change my life & my waistline.")
But trust me, if you're going to eat crappy for a day - add this dessert to your meal plan!!!

Better Than 6,7,8 Cake

Ingredients:
Make your own Devils Food Cake (great recipe here) OR Just use a box Devils Food Cake (just as good & super easy - if you use box mix, don't forget you'll need eggs, water & oil)
Jar of Butterscotch Caramel Ice Cream Topping
4 oz of Cream Cheese (room temp)
1/2 C of Powdered Sugar
8 oz Cool Whip
Package of Milk Chocolate Heath Bar Bits 

Assemble:
*Preheat oven to directed time for your cake mix
Bake cake as directed
When cake is done, let it cool for about 10 minutes
With fork, poke as many holes into cake as you can - without completely mutilating it.
With the caramel, I like to warm it up so it's really nice & thin - instead of thick & super sticky. When it gets to the right consistency, pour evenly over the cake. 
(I never use the whole jar and the cake is sweet enough for me - but if you're feeling adventurous, be my guest)
Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar & cool whip together until smooth & spread over the caramel. 
Sprinkle heath on top.
Refrigerate over night.

Eat & be merry the next day. 

You'll thank me later. 
Xoxo. 


1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. "If you're going to eat crappy for a day, add this to your meal plan..."

    Ok.

    ReplyDelete