Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day.


This morning, I came across this passage. And it spoke volumes to me, especially on such an important day like today - Election Day. 
No matter what passes or who becomes president... the choice to love the world should remain a constant thing. 
Reading this, I'm reminded that Jesus sat down with people who weren't like him, spent quality time with them, valued them and spoke truth & love to them. Emphasis on people who weren't like him
If you call yourself a Christian, don't get so caught up in who you think should win this election that you forget to love the people who don't think the same as you.
Don't get me wrong - I'm grateful for the power behind voting. I voted. And I strongly stand behind who and what I voted for.  But no matter who wins & what passes, the only way lasting change will come to this world is when we will take the time to love the people around us.

Happy Election Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment