Monday, October 22, 2012

Where has time gone?


I think the older I get, the more I realize that time quickly passes. I remember when I was a kid, it seemed like my day took forever, and my birthday wouldn't be here until 10 years passed, and Christmas... well, that was just never ever everrrrrrr going to hurry and get here. Now, it's only in a matter of minutes that it's a holiday, another season passes and one comes to replace it, my birthday comes and goes and age is nothing but another number... you know, times flies
And I don't like that. 
But it's inevitable, with every passing second... time, well, passes. But today, I've thought a lot about making those seconds count for all they're worth. Why not? What do I have to lose but time? There is something in the art (yes, I do believe that it's an art nowadays) of slowing down, smelling the flowers, listening to the wind, stopping to actually talk/listen to someone, etc. It just feels good. 
I never want to forget how valuable time is. My time, your time, their time... time. I'm currently in a busy season of life, but I don't want to look back at it and not remember it because I let it fly by. I've challenged myself to take notes of things happening, to write letters, to meet with people for coffee (yes, face to face dates and actually conversing with real life people - what a concept), to go for long walks without my phone in hand, to sit and watch nature, to enjoy the peace and quiet of driving w/o my ipod playing...
It's lovely. 
Never forget to slow down. It's valuable and I seriously believe it's necessary for our own well being. 
Take the time people.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment