Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Grace. It's an amazing thing.


Grace is the unmerited favor of God

This morning I woke up and thought, "God. Thank you. Thank you for waking me up this morning. Thank you for life." And then I thought about all the times that I've been absolutely blessed by grace. Regardless of your religious belief, each and every person in this whole world right now has and is and will experience the grace of God. When you went through the intersection today, God's grace was that the oncoming traffic stopped. When you woke up this morning, God's grace was that.. well, you woke up. When you found out that your father was diagnosed with cancer, God's grace was that He still has a good plan for your dad's life. Grace is all around us. It's an unmerited gift to us. I sure don't deserve any of it. I'm entitled to none of His mercies on my life... but yet, He has looked upon me and decided, "That's my daughter. Whatever comes her way.. I'm giving her grace. I'm showering her with mercies that are unbelievable." 
And so... this morning, I thought about all the times I specifically remember God's unbelievable grace in my life. I laid in bed, grateful. He's been so good to me. No, my life isn't a walk in the park full of daffodils, roses & smiling every second of the day... but yes... my life IS lived with the full assurance that no matter what I go through, there is grace to get through it. 

Ah. I'm just full of gratefulness today. Take the time to remember every moment that's ever made you grateful. And then think... that was God's grace on your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment